guix-devel

Re: [ART] Website mockup rev2

From: Adam Pribyl
Subject: Re: [ART] Website mockup rev2
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 15:10:48 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 21 Feb 2015, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

Luis Felipe López Acevedo writes:

Here is a revision of the last mockup for the website [1]. This time
aimed at a techie audience.

http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guixsd/home-view-rev2.jpg

I like this a lot better than the previous mockups (which would have
been great for something targetted at a different audience).

Just one comment: I know that the screenshots are just placeholders, but
there is no GNOME in the system distribution, yet all but one of the
screenshots show the GNOME Shell.

I even wonder if screenshots are necessary at all or if it wouldn't be
better to show some diagrams of e.g. how the store works instead.  The
diagrams were used in the slides but they are not in the official docs,
yet I found them immensely helpful in understanding the system.

IMHO screenshots are needed - they very quickly show the state of the distro you may expect. Adding info picture like diagrams is a good idea too.

~~ Ricardo

Adam Pribyl