guix-devel

Re: modprobe on guix

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: modprobe on guix
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 08:57:41 -0400

白い熊@相撲道 <address@hidden> writes:
> How do I load a kernel module in Guix?

It should just work, assuming that LINUX_MODULE_DIRECTORY is set to
/run/booted-system/kernel/lib/modules and that you are using 'modprobe'
from Guix.  We set LINUX_MODULE_DIRECTORY in /etc/profile on GuixSD.

> I can insmod the concrete .ko file from the /gnu/store/... kernel
> directory, however this is impractical for scripts etc, since the
> directory will change with system reconfigure.

For insmod, use /run/booted-system/kernel/lib/modules.

> However 'sudo modprobe ...' doesn't load the kernel module...

It works for me.  Can you try the following command:

  sudo bash -c "echo $LINUX_MODULE_DIRECTORY"

and verify that it prints "/run/booted-system/kernel/lib/modules"?

      Mark