guix-devel

Re: import pypi: undefined symbol __gmpn_cnd_sub_n

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: import pypi: undefined symbol __gmpn_cnd_sub_n
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:54:46 -0400

> Alexandre Héaumé <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 9:42 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Weird, did ./configure even pass?  You can run:
>>>
>>>   ./configure --with-libgcrypt-prefix=/usr/whatever/
>>>
>>> to make sure it picks libgcrypt.so from the host distro.
>>
>> As far as I remember, ./configure passed. Everything I tried so far
>> worked except "import pypi".
>>
>> I can't find a way to make it work with "--with-libgcrypt-prefix".
>> On the host, libgcrypt is at "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcrypt.so"
>> according to locate, running
>>
>>   ./configure --with-libgcrypt-prefix='/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu'
>
> Rather:
>
>   ./configure --with-libgcrypt-libdir='/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu'
>
>> As it been tried on ubuntu before, and is it worth fixing? I was
>> planning on using a spare machine to install GuixSD anyway, it might
>> not be worth the effort if compiling and using guix on ubuntu is a
>> weird thing to do.
>
> Many people on this list use Guix on top of a Debian derivative or
> similar, so no, it’s not a weird thing to do.

FWIW, as I recall I didn't have to pass any --with-libgcrypt-* options
to configure to build Guix on Debian wheezy, once I had the right
packages installed.

If it's not working, config.log should have the details of what went
wrong.  If you post the relevant section of config.log I could take a
look.

      Mark