guix-devel

Re: 02/05: guix package: -A and -s take supported systems into account.

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: 02/05: guix package: -A and -s take supported systems into account.
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 01:28:26 -0400

> commit 5763ad9266ec7682d53b87a874fc6ae04f92b6c4
> Author: Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>
> Date:   Sun Apr 19 19:12:22 2015 +0200
>
>     guix package: -A and -s take supported systems into account.
>
>     * guix/scripts/package.scm (guix-package)[process-query]
>       <list-available>: Restrict results to packages matching
>       'supported-package?".

This breaks "guix package -A" on armhf, because it is not in
%supported-systems.  If we add it to %supported-systems, then
'hydra-jobs' in build-aux/hydra/gnu-system.scm will create jobs for
armhf which will all fail.

Also, this commit does not appear to make "guix package -s" take
supported systems into account.  That command still works on armhf.

Anyway, it's not clear to me that guix package -A and -s _should_ take
supported systems into account.  Very often, I will use those commands
to look for an existing package before adding it.  If no results are
printed, I assume that I will need to add the package.  If the package
exists but is not supported on my platform, I'd still like to know that
it exists and to see where its definition can be found.

What do you think?

      Mark