guix-devel

Re: Daemon update

From: Alexander Vorobiev
Subject: Re: Daemon update
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 20:47:48 -0500

Ludo', Taylan,

Doesn't binary distribution have hardcoded /gnu/* paths? I can't use those unfortunately. We have a standard configuration of RHEL 6.5 installed on hundreds of servers and any modifications of the root directory (and all other "standard" directories) layout are out of question. Would it be too hard to add an environment variable(s) pointing to a Guix's store and cache directories so that the binary build of the daemon doesn't depend on the hardcoded values?
Thanks,
Alex

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:24 AM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
Alex Vorobiev <address@hidden> skribis:

> Does it mean it can't be installed on systems with older c++
> compilers?

On these systems, I would suggest installing from the binary tarball.

Not having to build Guile, libgcrypt, and everything on such a system is
already a good incentive to use the binary tarball.

How does that sound?

Thanks,
Ludo’.