guix-devel

Re: Is it possible add 'Guix package manager without "make install"' to

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: Is it possible add 'Guix package manager without "make install"' to guix doc?
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 15:53:53 +0200

> Mathieu Lirzin <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
>> This statement should definitely complement the documentation in HACKING.
>
> Where/how would you suggest adding it?

When reacting, I didn't realize that most of your statement is actually
documented in the recent "Running Guix Before It Is Installed" node in
doc/guix.texi.

Nevertheless, I find it not really relevant to give hacking information
in chapter 'Installation'. The attached patch tries to give a better
consistency in the location of these useful informations.

Even if I find this patch appropriate ;-), my personnal preference would
be to delete HACKING, and move all its informations in the chapter
'Contributing' of the Holy Bible (with appropriate refinement of
course!) and refer to it in README. Opinions about this?

--
Mathieu Lirzin