guix-devel

Re: lsh-server in %desktop-services ?

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: lsh-server in %desktop-services ?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 19:42:09 +0300

Mark H Weaver (2015-06-14 19:04 +0300) wrote:

> I just noticed that I've been running an ssh server on my laptop for
> quite a while unawares, because to my great surprise it is included in
> %desktop-services.
>
> Do most people want their desktop machines open to remote logins?
> I certainly don't, and I don't think it's a sensible default.
>
> What do other people think?

At first, I personally don't use '%desktop-services' or '%base-services'
because "I know better what I want".  And as you noted on IRC there
might happen such undesired effects if one uses «convenient pre-defined
variables».

However I think that a running ssh server is the expected default for
'%desktop-services'.

--
Alex