guix-devel

Re: Last-minute testing

From: Adam Pribyl
Subject: Re: Last-minute testing
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 21:05:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015, address@hidden wrote:

Quoting Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>:

As it turns out, ?root? is initialized with an empty password, and for
other users, you shouldn?t use the ?password? field of up
?user-account?.

<https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/User-Accounts.html>
tries to make that clear, but perhaps there?s misleading info somewhere?

Ah, ok. The only reason I thought it might be wrong was because it didn't work right away. I actually figured out the problem (the lack of a home directory) as I was writing the email.

Also, the user?s home directory should definitely be created
automatically.

My partition layout has separate /, /home, /boot. I specified these in config.scm, but should I have also mounted them (or at least /home) before system init?

Thanks,

Andy

I have a password "" and (home-directory "/home/user")
in users list for some time. This works OK. Home dirs are not created by default and this sets password to empty.

Adam Pribyl