guix-devel

Re: Add guix install command

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: Add guix install command
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 12:08:26 +0200

Alex Kost <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo (2015-08-05 12:36 +0300) wrote:
>[...]
>> Attached is a patch to implement "guix install".  It just copies over
>> functionality from guix package.  We could refactor more but I would
>> start with this as it is; when things need changes is the time to
>> refactor, at least for me.  What do you think? :)
[...]
> I just think that refactoring needs to be done instead of copying
> pieces from (guix scripts package).

AIUI doing a "good" refactoring job will imply a lot of code moving
because It means separating the interfaces from the functionalities.
IMO that could be left to next iterations.  However, IIUC this patch
could be lighter by using indirections to the 'guix-package' procedure
fornow instead of copying chunks of code.  Is that what you mean?

--
Mathieu Lirzin