guix-devel

Re: question and suggest

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: question and suggest
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 12:27:43 +0200

Le 2015-08-14 10:17, Dika Setya Prayogi a écrit :
q: I heard guixsd have a guixsd hurd under development, is that true ?

Yes, have look at the mailling list archive [1] to learn more about the state of the project.

[1]
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=HURD&submit=Search&idxname=guix-devel

s: (wish) I suggest a recent package updates page in guixsd web, this is
useful for packagers

The dev team is small enough to not require that feature right now, I think. If you want to know whether a package was added recently you only need to update the package repository and do a search:

$ guix pull
$ guix package -A $PACKAGE_NAME

`guix web` does not use a dedicated database, underneath it use basicaly `guix` command so at the time of writing the information you can access via `guix web` is more or less the information that is available in `guix`.

FWIW the simplest way to add this feature is to parse `git log` output (and maybe `git show`) or code guile bindings for libgit2. Maybe guix and guix web dev know better.