guix-devel

Re: gnu: guile: Add guile-wisp

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: gnu: guile: Add guile-wisp
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 14:03:46 -0500

Ricardo Wurmus writes:

> Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> But if you use guile-2.0 from Guix, you get the following issue:
>>
>>   scheme@(guile-user)> ,L wisp
>>   While executing meta-command:
>>   ERROR: In procedure setlocale: Invalid argument
>>   scheme@(guile-user)> ,L wisp
>>   While executing meta-command:
>>   ERROR: no such language wisp
>
> Is this on GuixSD or on some other host system (you mention Debian below
> but it is not clear to me if this applies for the example above).  If it
> is the latter, do you have locales installed and LOCPATH set to point at
> the Guix-installed locales?
>
> ~~ Ricardo

Ah, it is on Debian with Guix installed as an alternate package manager :)

I see there is this page:
  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Application-Setup.html

That fixed it!  (How did I not know of this sooner?)

So I think I'm happy to say that this seems fine then, and the
guile-wisp package is ready to go from my perspective.