guix-devel

Re: Hack the (init) system!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Hack the (init) system!
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 15:02:13 +0200

Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> skribis:

> I wonder if it's about time that Guile get something along the lines of
> a well-supported, general event loop system?

Sure.  My take on this is that we want FRP, as implemented in Sly, or a
synchronous reactive API like HIPHOP¹.  I wouldn’t want Guile to invite
users to use a JavaScriptish asynchronous framework with callbacks and
IoC all over the place.

Then of course that’s a bit of work, including work to integrate that
with ports.

Ludo’.

¹ http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/lehre/SS13/Sem-Prog/material/HIPHOP.pdf