guix-devel

Re: Gstreamer

From: iyzsong
Subject: Re: Gstreamer
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 09:48:57 +0800

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> gst-plugins-good currently fails its tests on armhf, which blocks quite
> a few packages.
Actually, it's the gst-plugins-base failing.

  http://hydra.gnu.org/build/723264/nixlog/1/tail-reload

> There are newer gstreamer versions: 1.5.1, 1.5.2 and
> 1.6.0. I tried to compile the latter some time ago, but somehow got
> tangled up. Do you think it would be safe to update?
Yes, I think it's safe to update to the stable release 1.6.x.
I looked into it, but it requires some compiler flags tricks like
in your patch, then I forget it :-

> Would there be a
> volunteer who is more knowledgeable about the package than me?
I may do it in the next week, but feel free to go ahead.
And Gstreamer is quite mature and standardize IMO, I don't have
special knowledge about it :-)