guix-devel

Re: Environment containers

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: Environment containers
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 10:38:20 -0400

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Also, for Debian 8 users and maybe others, this might help:
>
>     sudo sysctl -w kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1

Yes, user namespaces are a must-have for this to work.  I will prepare
patches that mention this in the manual and add a test to 'guix
environment' that can detect if user namespaces are unavailable and
display a more helpful error message.

Thanks for bring the UX issues to my attention!

- Dave