guix-devel

Re: 2 (possible) problems in documentation

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: 2 (possible) problems in documentation
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 16:30:47 +0100

Hi,

Alex Vong <address@hidden> writes:

> On 01/11/2015, Alex Kost <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I think this on-line manual is for the current version (0.8.3).  The
>> typo you mention was fixed in the git repo:
>> <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=8fe5b1d1d1d188cbc6eb1b644fdc0d9fff255d4e>
>>
> Thanks! I wasn't aware that the web version not being up to date.

The online manual is up to date with the current release but not with
the master branch.  Maybe we could provide a link to it like Guile:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/docs.html

> What I mean is "guix pull" only works after Guix is installed, so what
> the documentation says, "To that end, all the command-line tools can
> be used even if you have not run make install", is inaccurate. Should
> we note this in the documentation?

I think you mean that ‘pre-inst-env guix pull’ does not work if you have
not run ‘make install’ before?  What do you think of the following
patch?

Thanks,

--
Mathieu Lirzin