guix-devel

Re: Packagers tutorial, deployment tutorial

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Packagers tutorial, deployment tutorial
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 04:53:54 +0100

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 04:58:15PM -0600, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
> Yes, I just had conversations with one person today who was frustrated
> trying to learn how to build their first package and lamenting the lack
> of an official tutorial.

Easy as it looks ;). But yes, I'd champion a stepwise introduction.
And a somewhat more advanced treatment of creating a builder, for
example. I mean, that is the exciting stuff :)

> As for format to use, Pjotr, have you considered using Skribilo?

I looked into it earlier. It is an option, for sure. Maybe we should
start out with that and see if it works. I think it is attractive it
is Guile. I wrote something similar in Ruby to write my PhD thesis
(and journal papers), so I understand the need of such a translator
:).

OK, we can take FOSDEM as an opportunity to kick-start if we haven't
by then.

Pj.