guix-devel

Re: Emacs load path

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Emacs load path
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 17:29:06 +0100

Federico Beffa <address@hidden> skribis:

> If you install guix in the default prefix (/usr/local) you should find a
> file called 'guix.el' in /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/.  With that
> you can include the following commands in your .emacs file and you
> should be all set:
>
> 1. (setq load-path (append '("/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/") load-path))
> 2. (require 'guix-init nil t)
>
> On some host distros step 1. may not even be needed.

I don’t see how to make that happen automatically on foreign distros.
Any ideas?

We still have the option of making it more prominent in the
documentation, for example by mentioning specifically Emacs under
<https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Application-Setup.html>.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.