guix-devel

Re: Emacs load path

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Emacs load path
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 19:56:56 +0300

Federico Beffa (2016-01-05 16:21 +0300) wrote:

>>> I've done this, but it doesn't load as 'guix-config' is missing. I
>>> guess it needs your patch which I didn't try.
>>
>> Yes, it meant to be used with the patch.
>>
>> So IIUC we need the following patches to make our Emacs find packages in
>> a user profile:
>>
>> - patch for stripping "guix-emacs.el" from extra dependencies (attached
>>   to the previous message);
>>
>> - patch for adding "site-start.el" (attached to this message);

Or even better, move the code for auto-loading emacs packages from
"guix-init.el" to "guix-emacs.el", so "site-start.el" will consist of a
single line: (require 'guix-emacs).

>> - modified version of your patch to copy "site-start.el" and
>>   "guix-emacs.el" to the proper places.
>>

> If you want, feel free to modify and push my patch as needed.

Great, thanks!  I have sent a final patchset (including a modified
version of your patch) to improve our Emacs so it should find guix
packages out of the box.

--
Alex