guix-devel

icedtea-1, icedtea-2 security updates

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: icedtea-1, icedtea-2 security updates
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 23:25:29 -0500

There are security updates for icedtea-1 [0] and icedtea-2 [1]. The
updated versions are 1.3.10 and 2.6.4, respectively.

I spent some time trying to build these new versions but I am having
trouble.

The upstream tarballs contain their own patches on the bundled OpenJDK
source code. For both icedtea-1 and icedtea-2, some of these patches
fail to apply.

I looked into the failing patches to see if it could be fixed by
adjusting, for example, the whitespace the parameters of `patch`, but
the strings to be matched don't exist in the relevant files.

I _think_ this is an upstream bug. However, the icedtea-* package
definitions are complex and I'd like it if someone else could take a
look at this issue before I file an upstream bug report.

Some details follow about the problem in icedtea-2.

The failing patch file is:
icedtea-2.6.4/patches/boot/ecj-multicatch.patch

... and it fails while trying to patch:
jdk/src/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/RSAClientKeyExchange.java

... on the first "diff" line of the patch:
 -        } catch (InvalidAlgorithmParameterException |

The string "InvalidAlgorithmParameterException" does not exist in that
file.

Thanks for your attention.

[0]
http://blog.fuseyism.com/index.php/2016/01/25/security-icedtea-1-13-10-for-openjdk-6-released/