guix-devel

glibc update

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: glibc update
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:20:10 -0500

I'm wondering if anyone has rebuilt their local systems based on the
glibc update in security updates? I'm wondering what is the best way to
achieve this?

For Guix users, something like this?

$ git checkout master \
&& git checkout -b my-branch \
&& git cherry-pick 8304ccdbc7b653ab0b81e3cec5420fcc6 \
&& ./pre-inst-env guix package -u

It would probably be desirable to reboot afterwards.

GuixSD users would want to reconfigure, presumably.

Then, you would rebase 'my-branch' on master as desired.

It seems arduous, but faster than waiting for our build farm to rebuild
all packages.

Feedback requested!