guix-devel

Re: OpenSSL “DROWN” vulnerability & grafts

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: OpenSSL “DROWN” vulnerability & grafts
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 18:00:10 +0000

That was a very clear and informative read. I appreciate your style of writing, with links to relevant docs. Thank you!

One thing is still not clear to me about grafts. While you are using a graft, is it possible the binaries you build will be different from those built by someone not using the graft? If so, is that a problem, or is there a reason that it isn't a problem (perhaps because guix will reject binaries whose hash is different than expected, or something like that)?

- Chris