guix-devel

Re: 01/01: doc: Typos and small stylistic changes.

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: 01/01: doc: Typos and small stylistic changes.
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 16:26:46 +0100

On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 02:46:06PM +0100, Mathieu Lirzin wrote:
> It is painful but necessary:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Doc-Strings-and-Manuals.html#Doc-Strings-and-Manuals
> A way to understand why this is important is to read some of the
> "documentation" used by the Java APIs.

I agree. However, here we _do_ copy verbatim docstrings from the source code
into the manual, which is also fine. And then we are expected to back-port
changes to the supposedly manually written manual :-)  back to the docstrings.
So it would be nice if there were a system to just include selected
docstrings; a texinfo command @docstring{guix-service-type} or something like
that. But I think it does not exist.

Andreas