guix-devel

hydra.gnu.org super slow

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: hydra.gnu.org super slow
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 15:03:28 +0100

Hello!

Another day, another gateway timeout!

Hydra.gnu.org is super slow today; it’s slow everyday, but today it’s
even slower.

After investigating on the machine and seeing it was mostly idle, yet
awfully slow, I talked with the FSF sysadmin and learned that there had
been an unplanned maintenance operation involving a remount of the root
file system, which is basically taking the machine down.  This is now
being addressed.

In other news, we have not yet ordered the Libreboot-powered replacement
machine(s) that we were planning to use, because of incompatibilities
between Libreboot and the RAM modules that were supposed to go in those
machines.  There are ongoing discussions on address@hidden as to
how to move forward.

Apologies for the inconvenience!  I know we are all extremely frustrated
by this situation.

Ludo’.