guix-devel

Re: loudmouth, freetalk

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: loudmouth, freetalk
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 13:00:53 +0200

I was under impression that I did tell. I am yet learning Guile, and did
not go through all the functions from info guix. At this moment, I
cannot contribute in the manner like you or other people. But I can send
95% of the finished package definition.

freetalk, requires loudmouth.

Loudmouth works with GnuTLS, but if I enable GnuTLS in the package, it
complains for missing libgnutls-config (I guess that was the name). I
tried searching all files in gnutls, did not find that file.

I have thus changed loudmouth to use openssl.

I get this below, when running it, and I am unsure what to do, maybe
package (guix licenses) has openssl inside already.
WARNING: (gnu packages loudmouth): `openssl' imported from both (guix
licenses) and (gnu packages tls)

The ./configure and make start doing its job.

Then there is the error:
/gnu/store/lbkdykh3aa1469li01rwyya02q50r3b9-glib-2.46.1/include/glib-2.0/glib/gversionmacros.h:29:2:
error: #error "Only <glib.h> can be included directly."
 #error "Only <glib.h> can be included directly."
   ^
   Makefile:429: recipe for target 'lm-error.lo' failed

And that is where loudmouth stops.