guix-devel

mutt builds to fail on a barebones sytem

From: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama
Subject: mutt builds to fail on a barebones sytem
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 17:14:19 +0200

Hi all,

in my new system (almost identical to the barebones template), mutt does
not build:

$ guix package -i mutt

chgrp: invalid group: ‘mail’
Can't fix mutt_dotlock's permissions!  This is required to lockmailboxes in the
mail spool directory.
Makefile:1337: recipe for target 'install-exec-hook' failed

I have tried looking for a module which creates the mail group but I
have not found it. Do I need to add "mail" to groups field on system
definition? Or is it somehow automatically added it mutt is added at the
system level?

Thanks!

Carlos