guix-devel

Re: GuixSD on ARM

From: Eric Bavier
Subject: Re: GuixSD on ARM
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 20:47:46 -0500

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 08:55:23 +0200
Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> > I'd like GuixSD on ARM plataform, for instance Libre Tea Computer Card
> > or other ARM libre plataform.
> >
> > I buy a Libre Tea Computer Card:
> > - https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop
> > - http://retro-freedom.nz/blog/2016/06/30/eoma68-my-dream-machine/
>
> I’m also very excited about this project and wish it to succeed, because
> it is appalling and discouraging to see how little environmental
> concerns are usually considered in tech.
>
> It would be very nice to be able to use GuixSD on the EOMA68.  Alas, I
> don’t have an overview on what work needs to be done to get there.

I've signed up for the Libre Tea and the desktop enclosure, so I'll be
playing with the GuixSD support in the coming days/weeks/months.  I'm
looking forward to working with other backers here.

It Would Be Nice™ if we could get something up and running before
shipment so we could propose a pre-imaged GuixSD version of the card.  :-)

`~Eric