guix-devel

Re: Separate Mailing Lists for Patches vs General Dev Discussion?

From: ng0
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 10:44:48 +0000

Hi,

Florian Paul Schmidt writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm following the Guix-Project, even if not contributing much because
> of time constraints. The one, very simple to implement, thing that
> would make following the project more easy IMHO would be a separate
> list for patches. Or maybe the other way around: A separate list for
> more general discussion :)
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
> Flo

I don't know if that's a fix.
In my opinion we need a web application which is smart enough to
figure out what patches are and append the discussion around it
there, but it needs to offer ways to not just display this but
to contribute to the discussion in a webbrowser for example.

That's of course not our core problem, but it could make it a bit
more appealing.

I would say we could keep "guix-devel" for patches and
discussions around them and create another list for discussion,
for example "guix-discuss".

No fix, but could help to separate patches and general
discussions.

What do you all think?
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0