guix-devel

Re: Our git just broke

From: Ben Woodcroft
Subject: Re: Our git just broke
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:23:44 +1000

On 15/08/16 11:08, Mark H Weaver wrote:
Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 02:28:43PM +1000, Ben Woodcroft wrote:
On 14/08/16 03:28, Pjotr Prins wrote:
Also gnutls does not pass it's tests on my system, nor does
subversion.
Both gnutls and subversion are substituted for me on current master
(891284), indicating they built without issue OK on hydra. Does it still not
work for you?
Regarding GnuTLS, I assume Pjotr is describing the failure of the
"name-constraints" test [0].

Unfortunately, GnuTLS used a certificate in one of their tests without
taking care to handle its expiration date, so now the certificate has
expired. It looks like a mistake. Other test certificates in their test
suite are guarded against this, and they have committed a fix.
I'm a little confused. AIUI, this was fixed in 3.5.2 which is a part of current master and 0.11.0.

I just used 'build --check' and both gnutls and subversion build without issue, though subversion seems to be non-deterministic.

Let us know if you are still experiencing build failures Pjotr
It might be worth investigating the possibility of setting the system
clock to a deterministic value within build containers.
Sounds like a good idea if anyone has the bandwidth.

ben