guix-devel

Re: Stuck on KiCad dependency wxPython

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: Stuck on KiCad dependency wxPython
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 10:45:28 +0200

I just checked - the python-build-system doesn't allow passing flags when
invoking setup.py . That's the only reason the custom build phase is there...

Also, I think we should adapt wxwidgets to add propagated-inputs.

Because the wxwidgets header files include opengl and gtk header files, a
client using wxwidgets really requires gtk. However, the entire point of wx* is
to have platform independent API - I don't think that the client package should
include gtk or mesa for example. It should just include wxwidgets and that's it.