guix-devel

Re: Are these paths important to fix/set to (in/out)puts?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Are these paths important to fix/set to (in/out)puts?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 23:39:11 +0200

Adonay Felipe Nogueira <address@hidden> skribis:

> Although I can barely understand what is written in these files, I see
> paths pointing to "/usr" or simply to paths starting from "/". There are
> others, however, that don't seem to be standard in GuixSD, but are still
> tested for in the files described in the attachment (that is, depending
> on the system being used, its directory hierarchy, and the order of the
> tests, then a different action might be triggered).

You can safely ignore hardcoded file names in Autoconf-generated files
and similar like those that appeared in the file attached to your
message.  gnu-build-system.scm addresses most of these after unpacking
the tarball.

> There is a possibility that can answer my question more safely, that is:
> I don't know if `guix build` isolates the build environment by default,
> but if this is really done by default, then we can focus on fixing paths
> related to the typical directory hierarchy of of GuixSD.

Builds are isolated:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Build-Environment-Setup.html

HTH!

Ludo’.