guix-devel

Re: Guix on clusters and in HPC

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guix on clusters and in HPC
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 18:04:30 +0200

Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> skribis:

> Great!  I wonder how much of the need for cluster / HPC stuff overlaps
> with the desiderata of "Guix Ops" / "guix deploy"?

I think it’s quite different.  Cluster nodes usually run a
vendor-provided GNU/Linux distro (often the ancient RPM-based ones) on
top of which admins add their own thing, which could be Guix.

Of course in an ideal world people would run GuixSD on all the cluster
nodes and use “guix deploy” to that end, but that’s not what I had in
mind here.  :-)

Ludo’.