guix-devel

binutils depends on bash for powerpc

From: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama
Subject: binutils depends on bash for powerpc
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:44:40 +0200

Hi all,

I am still trying to bootstrap powerpc-linux-gnu. Already on the target
machine, my problem is binutils on powerpc-linux installs a shell script
(bin/embedspu). Currently, binutils does not depend on bash, but
binutils-final (the implicit binutils for gnu build system) has
bootstrap-coreutils as input. The result is an unallowed reference from
binutils to bootstrap-binaries, making the build fail.

I have solved it by adding static-bash-for-glibc as input for
binutils-final, but I was wondering whether it made sense to completely
change "bash" from bootstrap-bash to static-bash-for-glibc on %boot-inputs2 and
later, thus making easier to ensure dependencies on bootstrap-bash
are not carried on.

Thoughts?

BR

Carlos