guix-devel

Hello from powerpc

From: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama
Subject: Hello from powerpc
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 08:54:31 +0100

Hi all,

success, finally:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix build hello
[...]
/gnu/store/ynpd0qpppl0fdh252wns87d158pbdx8q-hello-2.10

$ /gnu/store/ynpd0qpppl0fdh252wns87d158pbdx8q-hello-2.10/bin/hello
Hello, world!

$ uname -a
Linux bilbo 3.16.0-4-powerpc #1 Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u1 (2016-09-03) ppc
GNU/Linux

I am unsure on the best way to integrate my changes upstream. I have to
review some of the patches I sent those last weeks, some of which
required minor changes to be accepted, and send some new ones to the
list.

For starters, one question: I *know* the exact bootstrap binaries I have
used now work (because I relaunched the bootstrap from scratch on
friday). However, if I regenerate them they are going to be slightly
different (because I made a change to gcc after generating them, and
static gcc inherits it). Do you guys think is better to accept the
proven bootstrap binaries as the "good" ones, keep current hashes and
publish the tarballs, or merge everything first and then generate new
bootstrap binaries, updating the hashes?

BR

Carlos