guix-devel

Re: Please review: documentation for python build system

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Please review: documentation for python build system
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 11:49:08 +0100

Hi Hartmut,

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> skribis:

> we are about to merge the wip-python-build-system. I'd like to add some
> commentary there explaining how the different install methods of Python
> behave. This could save someone else the effort of anaylsing and testing
> this again is some questions about the Python build system arise.

Sorry that I haven’t taken the time to look into that branch (though I
think I’m not the most competent person do to that).

Before merging, we’ll want to build that branch on hydra.gnu.org and fix
any issues we uncover.

Please let us know when that branch is rebased on top of master and
ready to get built.  At that point, I or someone else will add a Hydra
jobset to build it.

Thanks,
Ludo’.