guix-devel

Re: New python build system merged

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: New python build system merged
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 14:30:21 -0500

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 07:09:27PM +0100, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Am 29.11.2016 um 15:27 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> > Good.  When you fix it (and other failures, if any), we can start a new
> > evaluation or merge directly in master (the sooner the better!).
>
> Done.
>
> I'm very glad the new python build system is now in master. Thanks to
> everybody who helped finishing this!

So, in retrospect, most of the problems that we initially thought were
related to this were actually not. There were still a few broken
packages but the hundreds of build failures were not a consequence of
this new build system.

And I think I never said, Hartmut, thank you! Thank you for helping
improve this part of the distribution, and for taking the time to adjust
hundreds of packages to take advantage of this change.

Already we closed one bug, "Collision between khal and vdirsyncer
'bin/vdirsyncer'". [0]

Can we also close the long-standing serious bug, "Python .egg files must
not be compressed"? [1]

[0]
http://bugs.gnu.org/22458

[1]