guix-devel

Re: Staging freeze

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Staging freeze
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 23:13:05 -0500

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 06:56:44PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 12:23:39AM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> > The last staging branch was merged into the master branch on December
> > 11.
> >
> > According to the 3 week staging cycle we are trying to adhere to [0],
> > this would mean we freeze the current branch on December 25 and try to
> > merge it on January 1.
> >
> > These dates are inconvenient for many people. I propose we freeze the
> > branch and start building on December 27, and try to merge on January 3.
>
> And the build failures are rolling in :)
>
> https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109410?full=1&compare=master#tabs-now-fail

The 'qemu-image' build failed due to a lack of disk space, presumably on
the VM image file:

------
registering closures...
error: setting journal mode: database or disk is full
ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
ERROR: failed to register store items "/xchg/system"
------
https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1741220

Any advice? I'm not sure where to start looking in the code.