guix-devel

Re: Help: a pypi source changed from targz into wheel

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Help: a pypi source changed from targz into wheel
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 22:34:01 +0000

ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm rebasing my kallithea branch at the moment and with the
> release of the new "Routes" on pypi, the old one (which I need
> for Kallithea) moved from a tar.gz to a wheel. Do I simply
> download the wheel file and calculate the hash on that one, and
> fit the name appropriately into the pypi?
>
> Help is welcome :)
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Routes/2.3.1

It's possible that I just need the even older 1.13 release which
used 2.3.1 (back then it was the most current) as a base.
But as it's likely I will encounter such a situation again (or
still am facing it as I haven't checked the specs on kallithea
again), the answer to the question is still welcome.

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/