|Subject:||Re: jquery 3.1.1|
|Date:||Thu, 19 Jan 2017 23:44:52 +0100|
These pictures are very informative indeed. I will try to be brief, but I quickly wanted to share
that I find your efforts (and results!) amazing.
Something of note: a big chunk of the packages you classified as being 'broken' aremaking me recall some (unpleasant) memories; From my own crawling experiments,which were not nearly as complete as this one, I also ran into a lot of the sameshow-stoppers. In a very real sense, resolving node dependencies quickly devolves intoresolving dependencies for most of the popular build systems as well as plugins likewill likely contribute a lot towards making an npm-enriched guix possible.
broccoli-funnel. What I am trying to get at here is that fixing and packaging these 448 packages
Here's the listThere are 1314 packages with NO dependencies that could be used as starting points in porting Jquery into Guix.
/broken_packages.txtThese could probably make use of the npm importer I worked on earlier. Do you make use of your own? Otherwase I'll get torebasing my version on the current guix master branch.
If there's anyone interested, I can give you the data folder so you can try all the queries you want on these data without having to to run this thing for a bunch of hoursIf possible, yes please. What would be the most convenient way you to share this data?
In the future, I'd like to run this thing on some other package and merge the graphs so I will be able to investigate which are the common fundamental dependencies for SEVERAL important packages in Nodejs.So if someone wants to dedicate time to porting Nodejs stuff in Guix they will be able to select most urgent packages to start from.
The same could be said of broken packages taht affect several important packages.
The porting of Nodejs in Guix cannot be done with brute strength. A data oriented approach can help, in my opinion.Indeed.The ideal would be to have something that, like bitcoin, coordinates a swarm in such a way that every node can contribute a tiniy bit of data to a common data structure, so all the nodes would have a complete copy of the database.Collecting a mantaining of datasets should be freed of the client server model too. Not only the social media.I have no idea what you are referring to. Could you please elaborate a bit at a later point in time?
But that's more than I can handle, anyway.I am already thankfulI'd like to talk about the stumbling blocks I run into to discuss Guile and my knowledge of it.For example, I can't use that thing in the autotools that processes configure.am files so I just forked amz3's project and added my files in there. As guests. Thanks amz3 !I'd also like to describe te screw ups in the format I put the data into. I realized my mistakes when hours of crunching had already been done.They can be migrated to a better format thoughIf you don't mind, I will discuss these issue in the future, not now.The code is here
erd/CulturiaOne last fun fact: while I was watching the output flowing in my terminal, I saw a package called
"broccoli-funnel"No, really. It's here
ccoli-funnelOk, that's all for now.Thanks again for your efforts on this. I am looking forward to working with your data.Regards,Jelle Licht
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|