guix-devel

Integrating different input methods into Guix

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Integrating different input methods into Guix
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 09:06:05 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 10:39:15 +0800 (CST)
tumashu  <address@hidden> wrote:

> The other problem is:
>
> im-config include many im's config files and I cannot  let im-config depend
> all the im,
> if fcitx is not installed,  How to deal with "/usr/bin/fcitx" in fcitx config
> file which is included in im-config?
> just replace it with "fcitx"?

You mean the configs for all the input methods ("cjkv.conf", "ibus.conf",
"fcitx.conf", "uim.conf", "hime.conf", "gcin.conf", "maliit.conf", "scim.conf",
"hangul.conf", "thai.conf", "xim.conf", "kinput2.conf", "xsunpinyin.conf") in
"data" ?

I think then one would maybe write a "input-method-root-service" Guix service
and other im services and let each im service extend that service.

That way the user can have the different input methods as services in their
Guix system config file.

See gnu/services/cups.scm "union-directory" for how you merge multiple
extension's directory trees into one.

See operating-system-environment-variables for the environment variables that
are already exported to every process.

See the Guix manual "Service Composition" for how to compose services.

We already have packages for ibus, fcitx - but no service for ibus, fcitx.