guix-devel

Re: Build custom packages with cuirass.

From: Mathieu OTHACEHE
Subject: Re: Build custom packages with cuirass.
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 09:57:39 +0100

> I guess Cuirass should handle this use case with '-L', '--load-path'
> command line arguments like what 'guix build' does.  WDYT?

Yes, it would be better than my initial idea.

> Would you be interested in implementing this?

Yes of course :)

Using cuirass I also noticed two other things that might need to be fixed:

* When network isn't up yet at cuirass service start,
or goes down for a moment, the url fetching
fails and cuirass service stays hanged and needs to be restarted.

* For an unknown reason, I have random freezes of cuirass, the polling
  stops and nothing is outputed to log. I'm stracing it to find out why

Otherwise it works fine for me !

Mathieu