guix-devel

Re: `guix pull` over HTTPS

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: `guix pull` over HTTPS
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 01:30:54 +0100

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 04:55:12PM +0100, Leo Famulari wrote:
> Does anyone have any specific concerns or advice about changing the
> value of %snapshot-url in (guix scripts pull) to use the HTTPS URL?
> Should the change be that simple, or should we do more?

While testing, I realized that an X.509 certificate store is not a
standard feature of GuixSD, so using Savannah's HTTPS URL will not work
in all cases.

SSL_CERT_FILE and SSL_CERT_DIR appear to be set unconditionally in (gnu
system operating-system-environment-variables), so it's not enough to
test that they are set in order to decide which protocol to download the
Guix source code with.

Any advice on how to proceed?