guix-devel

Re: PHP on core-updates

From: julien lepiller
Subject: Re: PHP on core-updates
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 10:28:55 +0100

Le 2017-03-02 18:18, Leo Famulari a écrit :
On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 05:55:30PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
julien lepiller <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 2017-03-01 16:34, julien lepiller a écrit :
>> I've "fixed" the glib failure by disabling a test. Attached are
>> patches I would like to see in core-updates. If it's too late to add
>> the patch for gd, then I would like to keep gd-for-php. This time I've
>> tested them and php works.
>
> A better version of those patches. I still don't know why glib tests
> hang. I had to add gnutls as an input because otherwise the build
> doesn't find "-lgnutls". There's no problem with the same php version on
> master, so I guess a dependency doesn't propagate gnutls anymore.

Ok, thanks for the update! The latter two patches LGTM for
'core-updates'. I would hold the glib patch until we understand what's
going on, I am not able to reproduce it.

Please also update the commit message of the PHP patch to mention the
new inputs and arguments change, as well as the removal of the
"gd-for-php" variable.

+1

Please add the link to the upstream commit in the XBM patch, as
requested in my previous message.

I think they are good now. How could I investigate glib's failure?