guix-devel

Re: torbrowser

From: ng0
Subject: Re: torbrowser
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 17:26:45 +0000

On 17-03-06 16:47:26, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> ng0 <address@hidden> skribis:
>

> > Cloning takes a rather long time, this is where Andy's shallow-clone
> > would be useful, which is where I ran into issue and delayed re-working
> > this for now. If someone is interested I can post the patch which
> > applied on master recently.
>
> If you’ve made changes to what Andy posted back then, or if it doesn’t
> work as you want, please post and make it clear what’s left to address.
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

Too little experience with debugging another persons style of writing
Guile. There are issues I can't figure out with only little time
spending on the code and the changes in the last 2 years in the file. I
would have to ask Andy what this and that was meant to express or
achieve, etc.
I will send in the patch, hoping that it still applies after the latest
changes.
I only changed parts of the code so that it's similar to what the
original patch (which no longer applies after 2 years) changed.
Debugging some things here and there and personal matters take up too
much time, so it's not effective if I work on this.
Patch will be send either tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks!