guix-devel

Re: Using cuirass to build your own manifest.

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Using cuirass to build your own manifest.
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:54:22 +0100

Hi Mathieu,

Mathieu Othacehe <address@hidden> skribis:

>> This is a very cool hack!
>
> Thanks you !
>

>> It might make sense to turn it into a service in GuixSD proper, because
>> I suspect it’s a use case that people may be interested in.  So you
>> would write, say:
>>
>>   (service auto-build-service
>>            (auto-build-service-configuration
>>              (manifest (local-file …))
>>              (load-path '("/home/alice/…"))))
>>
>> and it would do the right thing.  WDYT?
>
> Sure, it could be nice, I'll try to come up with a patch for this service.
>

>> BTW, I think it’s the kind of experience report that would be worth
>> turning into a blog post on our web site.  It’s always interesting to
>> see how people solve specific problems with the tools.
>
> I'll be glad to turn this small tuto into an article now or when the
> service will be available, as you wish.

Excellent.  You can write the article anytime you wish, as you see fit.

The blog posts are located at:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-artwork.git/tree/website/posts

and you can write it as Markdown (.md file).

When you write it you can email it to interested readers (count me in)
if you’d rather avoid spoiling it by posting it here.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.