guix-devel

Re: Curious link error: symbols not found

From: Thomas Danckaert
Subject: Re: Curious link error: symbols not found
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 15:45:38 +0100 (CET)

From: Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden>
Subject: Curious link error: symbols not found
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 15:33:46 +0100

Hi,

just today I tried to compile "ktouch", a KDE and QT application. This
failed with *link* errors (see below), which I find very curious.

Let's look at the first error message: To my understanding.the package
"kcmutils" should reference to *exactly* the version of Qt (or what
ever), it was build for. So how can it be that some symbol is not found?

I tried force-re-building qtbase and the effected packed (as listed
below), but this did not solve the issue.

/gnu/store/…-kcmutils-5.28.0/lib/libKF5KCMUtils.so.5.28.0:
undefined reference to address@hidden'
[...]

Perhaps the monolithic Qt (which is at 5.6x) as well as the modular Qt are in your profile? If the so from the monolithic Qt is found by the linker (or already at profile creation time, as I think the 2 Qt versions would lead to collisions), maybe such errors could occur?

Thomas