guix-devel

Re: I can not run 'guix pull', how to deal with

From: ng0
Subject: Re: I can not run 'guix pull', how to deal with
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 13:23:05 +0000

ng0 transcribed 1.2K bytes:
> Hi,
>
> tumashu transcribed 2.7K bytes:
> > address@hidden:~ $ guix pull
> > fetching path
> > `/gnu/store/1drx7dy1zakc0xs60nb0im1jbvxp11dj-isrgrootx1.pem'...
> > Downloading
> > https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/guix/nar/gzip/1drx7dy1zakc0xs60nb0im1jbvxp11dj-isrgrootx1.pem
> >  (2KiB installed)...
> > guix substitute: error: download from
> > 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/guix/nar/gzip/1drx7dy1zakc0xs60nb0im1jbvxp11dj-isrgrootx1.pem'
> >  failed: 404, "Not Found"
> > fetching path `/gnu/store/1drx7dy1zakc0xs60nb0im1jbvxp11dj-isrgrootx1.pem'
> > failed with exit code 1
> > fetching path
> > `/gnu/store/bcq7sqhg18b7b1q87j8z60d5hybsdafm-letsencryptauthorityx3.pem'...
> > killing process 3656
> > guix pull: error: build failed: some substitutes for the outputs of
> > derivation `/gnu/store/hm8c3lfvxkspqg9g3hcb877lkiqriad9-isrgrootx1.pem.drv'
> > failed (usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to
> > build derivation from source
> > address@hidden:~ $
> >
> My first suggestion is to follow the advice of the error message:
> run "guix pull --fallback" (though it could be that this is not
> possible, I remember opening a related bug but I could be wrong).

Correction: I opened the bug for offloading, but not for pull.

address@hidden ~]$ guix pull --fallback
guix pull: error: fallback: unrecognized option

This is possibly not the root of your problem, but could you open a bug
about guix pull not supporting fallback?

Thanks!
--
https://pragmatique.xyz
PGP: https://people.pragmatique.xyz/ng0/