guix-devel

Re: Upcoming OpenSSL updates

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Upcoming OpenSSL updates
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 15:17:26 -0400

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 01:39:17PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:
> > I thought about it some more, and now I'm not so sure we should start
> > grafting non-security related bug fixes, in general. For this case,
> > let's see what the changes are.
>
> Same here.  I think we should reserve graft for security fixes, or
> otherwise serious bug fixes.

I pushed it to core-updates as 811e10281fc11b514d5a1da2ba5a87e6eb19de5e.

> I’m surprised that they announce bug-fix-only releases in this way.

Me too. I can't figure out how to construct a link to GitHub that will
list the commits in this release; there are 111 commits. The only thing
the OpenSSL maintainers put in 'CHANGES':

* config now recognises 64-bit mingw and chooses mingw64 instead of
mingw.