guix-devel

Re: cuirass evaluate

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: cuirass evaluate
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:47:14 +0200

Hi Ludo,

> Unfortunately, the current daemon protocol makes it hard to get such
> notifications, unless you parse its output (the “@ build-succeeded”
> lines) like I did in ‘wip-ui’.
>
> Perhaps we’ll have to do this parsing anyway, or just change the
> protocol altogether and have a “channel” mechanism like SSH to multiplex
> the number of communication channels on one connection.  reepca, if you
> read this, that’s something to keep in mind.  :-)
>
> Alternately, Cuirass could also periodically call ‘valid-path?’ for all
> the outputs of the pending builds (in a separate thread; note that the
> daemon connection cannot be shared among threads.)

Ok, the solution you implemented in wip-ui seems viable.

For now I'm implementing basic web API in cuirass :

* api/build/:build
* build/:build/log/raw
* api/latestbuilds

This allows emacs-guix to query cuirass as per hydra. The "queue" api
will be implementable when we will support build start/stop/failure
detection.

Thanks,

Mathieu