guix-devel

Re: revert perl-5.26.0 update?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: revert perl-5.26.0 update?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 16:23:43 -0400

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 11:26:22PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Woow, impressive patch set!  At first sight the 26 patches look
> reasonable to me, so I would suggest pushing them, along with the
> address@hidden update you mentioned.

Alright, I'll clean it up and push today.

> As for biber itself, perhaps the best option is to make biber-next the
> new biber?  I don’t use it so I can’t really tell whether there’d be
> undesirable consequences.

Ricardo added biber-2.5 in 253cdd6c1464c944be2418ee9161f5f5b57e0eee.
Ricardo, can you check if it's still necessary?

> Another option might be to mass-escape left braces in the Biber code,
> but that’s probably not that easy…

I'll try it. The upstream changes suggest it might not be that hard.

> Anyway, this patch series probably closes the main blocker for
> core-updates no?

AFAIK, but I'm only testing x86_64-linux, and I'm not running a
graphical system.