guix-devel

Question about guix system disk-image

From: ng0
Subject: Question about guix system disk-image
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 13:44:25 +0000

To quote myself in full (with some corrections):

I have a rather easy question about the guix system disk-image command.
I have read most of the code around it. We seem to not auto-compile the
gnu/system/install.scm module, we just use it as an argument. So far I
just assumed this only works when you are in the root of the git checkout
of the guix source.
So I think I still don't understand the full PATH perspective/view.
Will it work when I move elsewhere? Do I have to have the git checkout
or could we move it whereever and it'd still be functional?

Any further modules I should read to unerstand it?

What I'm trying to understand is how I could reduce
guix system disk-image
~/src/infotropique/infotropique/infotropique/system/install-core.scm
to just a single infotropique/system/install-core.scm.
My theory is to just add the PATH (to be changed) to PATH.

Or why don't we auto-compile it and add it (install.scm) to the GUILE_LOAD_PATH?

Anyway I will be experimenting with just this, but answers to these questions
help me to define a better solution.

Thanks!
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588